Applying for Pipeline Personnel Certification
Review the eligibility requirements for the certification you wish to apply.
COMPLETE THE APPLICATION & PREPARE YOUR ELIGIBILITY EVIDENCE
If you meet the eligibility requirements:
- Download and complete the application
- Save the application using the following naming convention: Last_First: i.e. Smith_John_CA
Prepare your eligibility evidence:
- a. Gather your Proof of Education or
- A photocopy of transcripts or diploma certificates for any degrees earned and professional certifications acquired or
- A letter from the registrar of your academic institution verifying your completion of degree
- b. Experience in lieu of Degree Verification Affidavit form
- Download and complete the corresponding Experience Verification Affidavit form
- Download and complete the corresponding Mentoring Verification Affidavit form
- Gather your Evidence of Trainings
- Copies of training certificates or
- Letters of completion
APPLICANTS ARE ADVISED TO RETAIN COPIES OF ALL SUBMITTED MATERIALS.
- Email the completed application and evidence to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Submit/Pay the non-refundable application fee (instructions and fees are detailed in the candidate handbook)
Upon approval of the application, candidates are advised to pay the exam fee. Once the payment has been processed, candidates will receive instructions on how schedule their exam.
Study the competency standard knowledge areas. Refer to the Exam Outline for more information.
Take the online exam. Candidates who successfully pass the competency exams will be mailed a certificate and digital badge valid for five years.
Please refer to the Candidate Handbook for more information and detailed instructions on how to apply for certification and all related fees.
EXAM RETAKE POLICY
If a candidate does not achieve a passing score on their first attempt, the candidate must wait ninety (90) days before retaking the exam. If the candidate does not achieve a passing score the second time, the candidate must wait one (1) year before retaking the exam a third and final time. Please refer to the Candidate Handbook for more information and instructions on how to apply to retake an exam.
EXAM RETAKE APPLICATION FORM
Recertification is an essential part of the certification process. Standards, technologies, methodologies, and regulations change with time, and the recertification requirement is designed to ensure certificants are keeping up to date with those changes. Recertification demonstrates a commitment to maintain competency. Please refer to the Candidate Handbook for instructions on how to renew your certification.
RECERTIFICATION APPLICATION FORM